Getting Started (or restarted) in the classroom?
Build your course, starting with outcomes.
- Formulate your course outcomes and develop connected assessments.
- Syllabus Template
- Syllabus Checklist
- Syllabus considerations: CTL recommends adopting an AI syllabus statement, such as "Any use of generative AI (like ChatGPT) not assigned by the instructor may constitute academic dishonesty and be subject to discipline under the terms of the SDSU Student Code of Conduct"
- Syllabus considerations: Consider including attendance in your formulation of student course grades. Here's why, and here's why it's ok (see page 29).
- Syllabus considerations: Make sure your course and syllabus are accessible (Courtesy of CIE)
- Syllabus considerations: Don't forget religious holidays.
- Get your course launched on Canvas (Courtesy of ITS)
Step into the classroom
- First day of class
- Managing Mobile Devices in the Classroom
- Inclusive pedagogy (Courtesy of CIE)
- Active learning / interactive teaching
- Why formative (i.e., frequent, low stakes) assessment works
- Classroom Management: Student Code of Conduct
- Classroom Mangagement: Report violations of Academic Integrity