The resources on this page are auxiliary and other on-campus resources relevant for all employees of SDSU. Descriptions of resources, links and contact information are included for each. Many of these resources are also found in other sections; they are repeated for convenience.
Aztec Recreation provides high quality programs, services and facilities that inspire active, healthy living and enhance the SDSU experience. Faculty pay ‘Affiliate’ membership fees. Services and programs include:
- Aztec Rec Center (with indoor climbing wall, indoor courts, group fitness classes
- Aztec Aquaplex
- Bowling at Aztec Lanes
- Water rec classes at the Mission Bay Aquatic Center
- Personal training
Aztec Shops, Ltd., founded in 1931, is a non-profit corporation that functions primarily as an auxiliary of San Diego State University. The corporation provides a diverse portfolio of products and services including operation of the SDSU Bookstore, SDSU Dining, and Commercial and Residential Real Estate properties surrounding campus. Aztec Shops also operates other selected enterprises at San Diego State and in San Diego.
As a “self-sustaining” non-profit SDSU auxiliary, Aztec Shops operates without subsidy from the University or the State. Net revenue from operations is contributed back to the University at fiscal year’s end. In addition, Aztec Shops contributes an incremental amount of monies each year in accordance with the University’s Strategic Plan, “Building on Excellence”.
For hours and locations of campus dining: http://www.eatatsdsu.com/
Monday-Friday 8:00 am to 4:30 pm
The Center for Human Resources provides exemplary, customer-focused human resources services in support of the University and enhancing the campus environment to support faculty and staff. Services include employment(hiring, training), benefits and payroll.
Enterprise Technology Services (ETS) units:
- Business Information Systems(BIS) – Provides technical management and support for SDSU’s financial (Oracle E-Business Suite and WebCenter Imaging) and HR (CMS PeopleSoft) administrative applications. BIS provides Help Desk services to all campus users as well as development and database administration.
- Enterprise Technology Client Services (ETCS) – Supports SDSU faculty and staff in the use of various technologies, such as e-mail, calendaring, distribution of various site-licensed software packages, and voice and data work orders. In addition, ETCS provides desktop support to Business and Financial Affairs.
- ETS Business(ETSB) – Provides administrative support to all areas of ETS and the ETS Leadership Team. In addition, the ETS Business team interacts with the campus regarding any billing or cost recovery issues and provides a directional pivot to ETS services.
- Information Technology Security Office(ITSO) – Provides San Diego State University the resources necessary to enable confidentiality, integrity, and availability of computing and information assets.
- Telecommunication & Network Services(TNS) – Provides voice and data services to the university. Voice Services manages and maintains our telephone system, administers work requests and trouble calls. Network Services manages data communications, Internet connectivity for faculty, staff and students, network resources for wireless access campus-wide and voice and network support.
- Unified Communications & Web Services (UCWS) - Manages and supports campus voice and related services for San Diego State University’s diverse and growing technology needs.
- University Computing Services (UCS) – Manages and maintains the university data center virtualization services, secure and reliable enterprise-wide data storage, enterprise-wide back-up and distaster recovery services, identity management and active directory services, systems patch management and reporting, smtp services, as well as provide server(s) rack co-location services.
Facility Hours: 7:30am – 3:00pm
Lunch Hours: 11:30am – 1:30pm
Members $10.00 / Non-Members $13.00
The Faculty-Staff Club provides delicious, healthful restaurant food to the public, as well as special deals for our members. Our monthly specials feature various national cuisines give our chefs the opportunity to show off their talent. With our extensive, buffet-style menus, nobody has to walk away still hungry! However, if you prefer lighter meals, our salads and dressings are fresh and offer healthy choices.
Lobby Open Monday-Friday 8:00 am to 4:30 pm
The University Police Department (UPD) provides policing services to San Diego State University. Police officers and emergency dispatchers are graduates of a California Peace Officer Standards and Training (POST) academy and are empowered by section 830.2 (c) of the California Penal Code. Pfficers are state peace officers and their policing powers extend throughout the State. UPD deploys officers on foot, bicycles, and patrol vehicles. The traffic unit focuses on traffic-related safety, education and enforcement. The K-9 unit supplements patrol efforts, while a community resource officer focuses on community outreach and engagement. The Special Operations Unit (SOU) focuses resources on current crime trends/issues, including developing crime prevention strategies.
Other critical units comprising the UPD include parking enforcement officers, professional staff found throughout the Department, including the Records Unit, Property and Evidence Unit, Key Issue & Access Control Office, and Parking Operations. UPD oversees several safety programs and services, including the Red and Black shuttle.
Note: SDSU has established a notification system that is capable of sending text and e-mail messages in the event of a campus-wide emergency or health and safety concern. It is not intended to supplant any personal emergency contact information you may have provided to Human Resources. You can sign up for these alerts.