The Center for Teaching and Learning is pleased to invite applications for the CTL Summer Institute!
- Are you stuck in a rut and looking for ideas to reinvigorate your teaching?
- Have you been thinking about flipping or redesigning your class but aren’t sure where to begin?
- Do you simply want an opportunity to step back and think about your classes with fresh eyes?
Whatever stage you are in with your teaching, the CTL Summer Institute supports any instructor who want to innovate their teaching and explore new ways to engage students. Through a combination of readings, in-person and online group discussion, and hands-on activities, participants will reflect on what they really want their students to learn, consider changes to their course design and teaching activities that will better support the realization of those goals, and discuss best practices for implementing their innovations. Participants will integrate changes into their Fall 2017 course(s), and reflect on and share their experiences with colleagues.
- Kick-off retreat (in-person): Thursday June 8, 9:00am-2:00pm (lunch provided)*
- Zoom meetings (online): 9:00am-10:30am, Monday, July 10; 9:00am-10:30am, Monday, August 7*
- Pre-semester check-in (in-person): 11:00am-12:30pm, Friday, August 18*
- Two follow-up meetings during Fall 2017, dates and times TBD
- Reading and hands-on assignments in between all meetings (including prior to June 8 kick-off!)
- Participants who complete all requirements will receive $300 for professional development
* Given the difficulty of accommodating faculty schedules, these dates will not change. Please only apply if you will be able to attend on these dates/times.
See the full call for applications for all the details.